This month, prepare your teen for safe driving and lower your car insurance in Orange County, CA.
January is nationally known as Teen Driving Awareness Month! While your teenager may not like it, it’s time to go over some safe driving habits to ensure that they’re kept safe behind the wheel. Ensuring the safety of yourself, your child, your passengers, and other drivers is essential before heading out on roads and highways and can help you save on your car insurance in Orange County, CA.
Driving teenagers are known for all sorts of bad habits on the road. From distracted driving to drunk driving to careless driving, teens have done it all. Between easy access to their smartphones and never missing a text with their smart watch, technology is prevalent among teenagers these days. The problem is that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens in the U.S. With this information at hand, review these tips with your teen today to transform your teenager into a top, safe driver!
- Always a seat belt.
- Never text or call while driving.
- If tempted to use the phone, place it in the trunk or well out of reach throughout the entire car journey!
- Check and adjust the mirrors each time you drive.
- Drive alone when possible to reduce the risk of distracting passengers and the temptation to show off.
- Never drive when intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Reduce distractions (phones, people, the radio, the air conditioning, GPS directions).
- Avoid driving during high-risk hours (late at night, rush hour).
- Drive at or below the speed limit.
- Set your GPS and radio before starting the car!
Whether your teen has just started driving or has been on the road for years, the prospect of your child driving is scary enough without them adding danger to their lives by picking up their phone or being drunk!
Secure your teen drivers and yourself with protection on and off the roads with quality car insurance in Orange County, CA. Contact Bisson Insurance Services and our expert insurance professionals will find you a policy that protects you, your teen, your vehicle, and finances for every bump in the road!