Use these crime prevention tips and quality home insurance in Yorba Linda, CA.
‘Tis the season to be jolly, give gifts, and unfortunately, for crime! Theft peaks around Christmas time when expensive presents are being bought and given. Christmas eve, in particular, is a day when theft is at its highest.
Due to many people working Christmas eve or leaving their home to see family, presents from under the tree are taken easily and by the masses.
This year, protect your presents from being stolen (and avoid turning up empty-handed to your friends and families’) by using these crime prevention tips:
Out and about:
- When parking your vehicle to go shopping, aim to leave your car in a well-lit and well-travelled area.
- Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle so that you don’t have to stop and search for your keys at your car.
- When storing items purchased at the stores, place them out of sight.
- When storing valuables, put them in your car before parking. If someone sees you move a laptop bag and several goodies from Best Buy into your trunk, then lock your car and leave, they may be tempted to take them!
Securing your home:
- Place the Christmas tree out of the window. Presents that are seen from the street appear inviting to thieves.
- Never ‘hide’ your key in your front porch. You’re not fooling anyone by putting your key underneath that plant pot. It’s as good as handing a thief a key to your home!
- Only leave your spare house key with a friend, relative, or neighbor that you trust!
- If you’re out for the day or week, set the lights to turn on automatically. From the street, if the lights are on, usually someone is home to turn them on.
- Check (and double check) that you locked all doors and windows before leaving the house.
Be sure to secure your home with the reliable home insurance that it deserves over the Christmas period. For home insurance in Yorba Linda, CA, contact Bisson Insurance Services! We serve Placentia, Orange County, the Inland Empire, and the surrounding areas in California!