Determine how your car insurance in Orange County, CA can aid your road trip.
If you plan on traveling this holiday, you’re not alone! Most Americans travel on or around December 25th, whether it’s to the airport, to visit family, or for those last-minute Christmas gifts! More than half of the drivers on the road this season travel at least 100 miles, so with the high volume of drivers on the roads, distracted drivers, and winter weather conditions, it’s important to be safe! Be sure to buckle up, check the car, and hit the road for safe travels!
Maneuver your way around holiday traffic to keep your Christmas travels merry!
- Travel on off-peak days: If you can, leave a day or two earlier than you intend to. Beating traffic on the 23rd means that you get your destination quickly! If leaving early isn’t possible, set off in the early (we’re talking wee hours of the) morning! You’ll avoid most traffic this way!
- Check the sleigh: Examine your car before hitting the road. Check the oil, transmission, brakes, windscreen wipers and pack an emergency supply kit for those winter road emergencies!
- Plan alternative routes: If traffic begins to build up, take different routes to avoid sitting on the freeway. In case you don’t want to sit on the freeway for hours, plan to know side streets!
- Dashing through the snow: During the winter season, take extra caution on the roads. From ice to snow to rain, driving conditions can be adverse.
- Stack snacks: Avoid fast food restaurants which can make you feel lethargic. Pack healthy foods to snack on instead.
- Stop frequently: Make regular pit stops to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. As the driver, it’s important that you stay awake and focused!
- Keep roadside assistance numbers on hand and your policy number, too. Stay with your car until the tow truck or assistance arrives!
- Store valuables out of sight. Expensive devices such as cell phones, GPS devices, and tablets should be kept in the glove compartment or trunk whenever you leave your vehicle.
Your auto insurance policy can protect you should you face an accident or incident whilst on your travels! Make sure that you have sufficient coverage before hitting the road! Serving Orange County, Placentia, Yorba Linda, the Inland Empire, and the surrounding areas in California, contact Bisson Insurance Services. For all of your car insurance needs in Orange County, visit us today!