Labor Day Safety
Labor Day weekend is just a couple of days away, which means that it is time to start planning for how you are going to say goodbye to the summer season. No matter if you are planning a long road trip, or just a family trip to the beach, it is important to make sure that you know how to stay safe. Keep these safety tips in mind to ensure that you can fully enjoy the holiday.
If you are headed to the beach:
- Never head into the water by yourself, always swim with a buddy. You should only swim in areas that have an open lifeguard station.
- Never dive into shallow water to help prevent injuries. You should always go into the water feet first to check the depth.
- Always put on sunscreen that has at least 15 SPF when you are going outside, even if it is overcast. You should also wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to stay better protected from the sun.
If you are planning a road trip:
- Get your car ready by taking it into your local mechanic to ensure that it is ready for long distance travel. Doing any maintenance tasks before you head out, such as filing up the wiper fluid, can help to keep you safe on the road.
- Plan ahead – plan out your route before you head out on the road. Knowing where you are going and what roads and highways that you are taking can help to make sure that you do not spend your vacation lost in a different city.
- Leave early – Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest times on the road, so give yourself plenty of time to get where you are going. The more time you have, the less likely you will be to speed.
For all of your insurance needs, and to stay safe this holiday weekend, contact Bisson Insurance Services in Yorba Linda, serving Fullerton and all of California.