Pork Chops With Garlic And Wine
As the weather starts to cool down for fall, you may find yourself craving a delicious, warm dinner. Keep this simple pork chops with wine and garlic recipe in mind that is sure to be one of your new favorite comfort foods.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole pork chops, medium to thin
- 18 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, additional
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and sear them on both sides until they are golden, about 2 minutes. Remove the chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and throw in the whole garlic cloves. Stir them around and cook for several minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Pour in the red wine and add the bay leaf. Stir around and let reduce, raising the heat if necessary. Cook the sauce for several minutes until it is reduced and thick.
- Stir in the broth and add the pork chops back into the liquid so that they are swimming in the sauce. Allow the pork chops to cook for a few minutes and pour in the balsamic. Shake the pan to distribute it evenly and cook for a couple more minutes until the chops are done.
- Take the chops out of the pan and let the sauce reduce until it is very thick and the garlic is soft. Swirl in 1 tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pork chops on a platter, and pour all the sauce, including the garlic on top, and enjoy!
All of us at Bisson Insurance Services in Yorba Linda, California would like to encourage you to try this tasty recipe this fall!