Summer Recipe: Greek Turkey Burgers
As beautiful as our summer weather has been, the last thing you want to do after a day cooped up in the office is come home and spend the evening cooped up in the kitchen to prepare dinner. The good news is you can still put together a delicious, nourishing meal even as you enjoy the great outdoors by turning to your grill. For an easy and flavorful twist on a summer grilling classic, try this recipe for Greek turkey burgers your family is sure to love. To make it, you will need:
- 1 1/3 pounds of ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 4-ounce package of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Olive oil
- ½ cup of English cucumber, grated
- 1 6-ounce container of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 French hamburger buns, split
- Your favorite burger toppings (tomato slices, lettuce leaves, thin cucumber slices)
In a large bowl, combine the turkey breast, onion, oregano, feta cheese, ½ teaspoon of salt, and lemon zest. Mix with your hands to ensure all of the ingredients are thoroughly worked into the turkey. Form into 4 patties about a ½ inch thick.
Brush your grill with cooking spray, then heat it to medium-high. Add the patties and cook until they are done (about 5 minutes each side). When the burgers are close to done, add the hamburger buns to the grill to toast.
Meanwhile, stir a cucumber, yogurt, mint, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl.
Serve the burgers on buns with the cucumber yogurt sauce and your desired toppings. Enjoy!
What is your favorite burger recipe for the summer? We hope you will share it with us and let us know if you like these turkey burgers! For all of your insurance needs in Yorba Linda and the surrounding California cities, contact Bisson Insurance Services today.