Recent Survey Reveals Motorcycle Riders’ Annoyances
We all have our things that annoy us on the road. Whether your peeves make you internally steamed or throw you into outright road rage, you probably have a thing or two that you simply cannot stand on the road. So do motorcycle riders, a recent survey reveals. Whether you ride a motorcycle yourself or share the roadway with them, here are a few things you should be advised bother bikers.
The top five pet peeves of motorcycle riders about people driving cars, trucks, and SUVs are:
- Drivers who fail to check in their blind spot before they change lanes (55 percent).
- People who text while they drive (54 percent).
- Driving aggressively or recklessly, such as speeding (50 percent).
- Tailgating drivers (43 percent)
- Drivers who do not use their signals when they change lanes or turn (42 percent)
Do not worry that you are the only one bugging motorcycle riders, though. They have their fair share of annoyances with their fellow riders. Here are the top things other motorcyclists do on the road that bug other riders.
- Riders who drive recklessly or aggressively, such as weaving through traffic (56 percent)
- Passing on the shoulder (41 percent)
- Riders who split lanes, i.e. ride between lanes of stopped traffic (36 percent)
- Fellow riders who do not use protective gear (35 percent)
- Riders who fail to wear their helmets (28 percent)
The problem with many of these peeves is that they put you and others on the road in physical danger. The good news is that you can protect yourself with motorcycle insurance. To talk with an expert about the right coverage to protect you in Yorba Linda, California, and the rest of the country, contact Bisson Insurance Services today.