Avoiding Distracted Driving
Most people think of cell phones as the biggest cause of distracted driving. However, there are many other factors that can cause you to lose focus while you are behind the wheel. Make sure to keep these tips in mind to help avoid distracted driving each time you are out on the road.
- Turn off your phone – even if your phone is in the passenger seat, you may still be tempted to grab it if you get a notification. Turning off your phone can help to ensure that you are not distracted by any noises while on the road.
- Avoid multitasking – many studies have shown that people are not as good at multitasking as they think they are. Before you get in the car, make sure to take care of anything that you need to do, including getting out money for a toll road or programming your GPS to ensure that you only have to focus on the road.
- Ask for help – if you have passengers in the car with you, ask them to help you out. They can change the radio station, send a text, or even put an address into your GPS to ensure that you do not have to take your hands off the wheel.
- Avoid serious discussions – getting into a heated discussion with your passengers can allow you to get lost in your thoughts. Since you should only be thinking about what is going on ahead of you, make sure to stick to lighter topics.
- Enjoy the quiet – if your life is run by a hectic schedule, use your time in the car to enjoy the quiet. Staying relaxed while in your car can help to keep you safe.
Investing in the right auto insurance policy is the best way to make sure that you stay safe on the road. Contact the insurance professionals at Bisson Insurance Services in Yorba Linda, California for all of your car insurance needs.