Everything you need to know about your Auto Insurance in Orange County.
Auto insurance is one of the most common types of insurance out there. However, that does not mean that everyone understands what their auto insurance Orange County policy covers. Keep this easy auto insurance Orange County guide in mind to help you figure out if you have the protection that you deserve.
- Bodily Injury Liability will cover the medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, funeral costs, and legal fees another driver incurs during an accident that you cause. It is important to remember that bodily injury liability will not cover the injury costs that you or any of your passengers incurs during an accident.
- Property Damage Liability will kick in after an accident that you cause. It will cover the cost to repair or replace another person’s property that you damage. While property damage liability is required by law, you have the choice to invest in additional coverage that will better protect you and your finances.
- Collision Coverage will pay for the damages to your vehicle when you are in an accident, no matter if that accident is with another car or with a stationary object like a tree. Depending on your policy, it may also provide coverage if you flip your car or run over a pothole.
- Comprehensive Coverage is sometimes called “other than collision coverage” and will cover the cost of repairs to your vehicle after an incident other than an accident, such as fire, theft, or running into a wild animal. While comprehensive coverage is not required, it can help to keep you better protected from all the perils that you face on the road.
- Personal Injury Protection, or PIP, will cover the medical costs that you and your passengers incur after an accident. Just like bodily injury protection, it will cover medical bills, rehabilitation, funeral costs, and lost wages.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage will cover injuries that you incur after getting into an accident with a driver who does not have any car insurance or only have the minimum amount of coverage, which may not be enough to cover all the costs of the accident. Some insurance companies will also offer property damage coverage with their uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
While these are just some of the most common coverage options with your auto insurance Orange County policy, keep in mind that each policy is slightly different. Contact Bisson Insurance Agency in Yorba Linda, CA for help finding the right Orange County policy that will best fit your needs.