Commercial Auto Insurance Basics
If you own a small business, you may find yourself using your personal vehicle for business purposes, no matter if it is picking up a client or dropping off products. While it may not seem like a big deal, it can lead to a huge headache if you ever have to make a claim to your auto insurance company.
Typical personal auto insurance policies will not provide any coverage during an accident when you are using your vehicle for business purposes. The only way to make sure that you, and any employees who use their personal vehicle for business uses, are covered during an accident or another peril is to invest in a commercial auto insurance policy. If you try to make a claim to your personal car insurance company when using your car for business purposes, the claim will most likely be denied, which can lead to a huge dent in your savings account.
Commercial auto insurance policies provide three main coverage options, including:
- Physical damage coverage, which will provide comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Liability coverage, which will provide property damage, bodily injury, and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
- Other coverage, which can include towing and labor, medical payments, gap insurance, and rental reimbursement depending on your specific policy.
There are many questions to consider when looking for the right commercial auto insurance policy that will work best for your company, including:
- Where is my business located?
- What are the driving records of all of my employees like?
- What type of vehicles am I insuring, and what safety equipment do they include?
Contact the insurance professionals at Bisson Insurance Services in Yorba Linda, California for all of your commercial auto insurance needs. As an independent insurance company, we will work with you to ensure that you have the coverage that you deserve, all at the right price.